- Last Updated: 05 June 2020 05 June 2020
The Rifle Range is open. Please note, however, that some positions may be closed as we are awaiting the installation of one additional panel/baffle. Members are reminded to follow the club’s re-opening regulations posted below.
- Last Updated: 01 June 2020 01 June 2020
- Last Updated: 19 May 2020 19 May 2020
In accordance with the Governor’s recent re-opening phasing orders the club will re-open May 25, 2020 at noon with certain state mandated guidelines in effect.
While we recognize that shooting ranges are allowed to open in the first phase on May 18th it is necessary for the club to prepare the facility and put in place the required guidelines. Opening will therefore be May 25th.
In an effort to insure the safety, health and well-being of our members, and in an effort to limit potential exposure to Covid-19 the following will be strictly enforced.
- NO GUESTS will be allowed until further notice. No use of the club for instructional purposes of students will be allowed.
- Use of the club will be restricted to members only. Badges must be worn and visible.
- Safe distancing must be maintained and persons on the property may be limited.
- No more than 10 persons at a time are allowed inside any building or indoor range. Social Distancing must be maintained.
- No meetings will be held at the club through the summer.
- The juniors and the JROTC will be suspended until further notice.
- Members are required to use shooting positions as marked only.
- Protective masks must be worn when inside any building at all times and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Persons that fail to adhere to any of these rules will be asked to leave the property. Members are not allowed to congregate in any building.
- Range officers must be present for shooting to occur on the outdoor ranges and all club rules will be strictly enforced.
- Hand sanitizer station will be provided for each building.
- Cleaning will be conducted on a more regular basis to include the wiping with disinfectant of all hard surfaces in range and bathrooms. Disinfectant will be available for member’s use.
- The gun cleaning area will be closed. No gun cleaning will be allowed on the premises.
- No food or beverage consumption is allowed on the premises.
It is the Executive Board's goal to keep the club open and operational for use by our members in the days to come. Maintaining a safe environment is paramount. If, however, these rules are not followed, we will be forced to close.
Note** New baffles are currently being installed on the Rifle Range and although we expect the Rifle range to be open by May 25, it may not be completed and therefore the Rifle Range may not be open at that time.
Updated information will be posted on our web site.
- Last Updated: 30 April 2020 30 April 2020
The Massachusetts Stay at Home Advisory has been extended by Governor Baker through May 18th.
All non-essential businesses have been ordered closed through that date and the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club will remain closed for that duration.
The club is NOT exempt from this order.
Members will not be allowed on the premises during the Governor's order.
- All activities including meetings, shooting, and classes are hereby suspended until further notice.
- New member’s orientation classes are subject to change and may be postponed. Notice will be sent.
- The Executive board is hopeful that all members will remain safe and healthy during this difficult time.
Please note that during the closure we have taken the opportunity to paint the interior of the new members meeting area. The club is also in the process of replacing the baffles on the outdoor rifle range. Prior to re-opening the club will undergo a comprehensive cleaning to insure a safe environment for members.
- Last Updated: 23 April 2020 23 April 2020
Please be advised that due to the continuing issues with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are forced to cancel the May 17th new members orientation. Our goal at the Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club is to insure the safety of our current and prospective members.
If you registered for the May 17th class, you will be automatically signed up for and can attend the class on the new date of June 14th. We look forward to seeing you at that time. An additional notice will be sent one week prior to the class.
- Last Updated: 23 April 2020 23 April 2020
Please be advised that due to the continuing issues with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are forced to cancel the April 19th new members orientation.
If you registered for the April 19th class, you will be automatically signed up for and can attend the June 7th class. We look forward to seeing you at that time. An additional notice will be sent one week prior to the class.
- Last Updated: 09 December 2019 09 December 2019
2020 dues are due and must be paid by 3/31/2020.
Please note that the club office will be open Sunday mornings between 9 and 11:30 AM.
Dues are as follows:
- Regular Membership ................................................................ $125.00
- Spouse (Must be a current Member).......................................... $25.00
- Retired Membership
10 yrs of continual membership, age 65, and retired (no work)..... $65.00
(The E Board must certify Retirement.)
Dues may be paid:
- By Mailing to the Club at:
Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club
P.O. Box 850024
Braintree, MA 02185-0024
- Drop in the Treasurer's Lock Box
at the Club (Checks only. No envelopes.)
- Pay in Person
Any Sunday morning between 9 AM and Noon through March 29, 2020.
**Please write your badge number on check**
Failure to pay by March 31 will result in de-activation of your badge
and the assessment of late fees ($10 per month).
- Last Updated: 02 July 2019 02 July 2019
NRA certified Instructors are needed for the boy scout program at Camp Squanto in Plymouth to run the 22 rifle range. It is a modestly paid position from now through Mid-August. Persons interested should contact Rich Carlson at Camp Squanto at 508-224-2010.
- Last Updated: 10 September 2019 10 September 2019
The club would like to maintain an instructors list.
The Club allows members who are certified instructors to use the ranges for instructional purposes. In order to be able to instruct at the Club members must:
- Provide the club with their instruction certificates and state police certification.
- You must also submit your certificate of insurance naming the club as an “additional insured”.
- You must include your contact information including cell phone number.
This requested information MUST be brought to the club during an executive board or members meeting. Instructors who fail to follow these requirements will not be allowed to instruct. Violations of this rule will result in immediate dismissal from the club.
Instructors who would like to be on the list for referrals should notify the club via the club web site at Send Email to BRPC.