Question: I am interested in learning how to shoot and would like to join your club. What do I have to do?
Answer: In the Commonwealth of Massachusetts one must have a license to own or possess a gun.
- This license is administered/granted through your local town or city police department.
- There are many common procedures that all must follow and sometime minor variations depending on where you live.
- Everyone must take a "Gun Safety Course" from a Massachusetts State Police certified instructor.
- Many (not all) police departments require you to be a member of a gun club. If you are interested in joining BRPC please see questions in this section concerning membership.
- For further clarification check out the New Member Application Procedure.